Build Your Own Wavetables
Meta Function is proud to present the The Wave Weld, an algorithmic wavetable generator designed to create wavetables for any wavetable synthesis device. This includes Meta Function’s flagship paraphonic hybrid synth, The Wave Junction, Ableton’s Wavetable device or other leading wavetable based devices. The Wave Weld is completely free. Please note Live 10.1 is needed to upload wavetables to Ableton’s Wavetable device.
- Unique waveshaping controls to generate custom wavetables
- Sine waveshape phase shift and curve shape controls
- Additive style synthesis via choice of twenty four sine waveshape harmonics for both positive and negative phase angles
- Saw waveshape curve sharpen and partial controls
- Pulse waveshape width, phase shift, curve smooth and curve sharpen controls
- Triangle waveshape phase shift, curve smooth and curve sharpen controls
- Random waveshape quantization, curve smooth and thinning controls
Export Your Wavetable
- Generate arbitrary waveshapes for multiple waves
- Load and adapt any custom made wavetables. Build a library of self made wavetables
- Wavetable length adjustable to 1024, 2048 and 4096 samples
- Grid size adjustable to 128, 256, 512 and 1024 samples
- Export the wavetable as a 1024 – 4096 sample 16 bit integer WAV file
Create wavetables for any Wavetable synthesis device
Create evolving wavetables
Check out the System Requirements
The Wave Weld is a Max for Live device and therefore a version of Ableton Live Suite or Live Standard with the Max For Live extension is needed. It is recommended that Ableton Live version 10.1 and above is used, on Macintosh and PC. An installation of Max version 8.0.2 is required but a full license of Max is not needed to use the Wave Junction. You will need approximately 1MB of free hard disk space.
NOTE: The Wave Weld is not a traditional instrument. It is designed to create and render to disk custom made wavetables for use in compatible wavetable based devices and not to be used in a typical production scenario as a virtual instrument.